Work from beautiful Buttercups House for a market leading pharmacy services training provider as an Additional Learning Support Coordinator (SEND).
At Buttercups Training, we are expanding our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Team. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing SME that’s achieving great things whilst supporting a healthy work-life balance.
We are looking for talented people to help us make those companies even more successful. As an Additional Learning Support Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting learners with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The ALS Coordinator will need to have a working knowledge of special education needs and disability and be able to demonstrate highly effective approaches for support, guidance and intervention to ensure that learner progress is successful and sustainable. The ALS Coordinator will also be responsible for managing learner referrals, through screening, self-declaration and enrolment and the administration tasks that follow.
If you are passionate about inspiring learner success and providing specialised support for those with special educational needs whilst working for a fast-growing accredited training provider, then read on…
What’s involved in this position?
As an Additional Learning Support Coordinator, you will be expected to act as part of the Teaching, Learning and Assessment Team and will be responsible for deploying appropriate and effective learning support for Buttercup’s learners. As part of this role, you will work with a wide range of stakeholders including learners, employees, managers and senior managers.
You will be expected to provide a customer focussed service and be able to liaise with tutors to enhance planning by advising on the recommended, differentiated support for individual learners. The post holder will also respond promptly to learner referrals, complete interviews and the necessary paperwork for eligible learners under the Additional Learning Support policy and manage the screening and support system, including the monitoring and reviewing of support and recommending and utilising specialist assistive technology to support teaching and learning independence for learners.
You will also will be accountable for ensuring that the records of additional support provision are kept accurately and up to date in readiness for Ofsted inspection and ESFA audits (amongst others) by ensuring that robust systems are developed and maintained for recording the provision of additional learning support in accordance with apprenticeship funding guidelines.
Applicants must have a highly ethical and professional approach to working with young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants must also have excellent IT and administrative skills including experience of using Microsoft Office packages and in particular, Microsoft Excel. A high level of accuracy, keen attention to detail and the communication skills to build positive professional relationships with the necessary stakeholders across Buttercups Training are essential requirements of the role. SEND experience is an essential requirement of the role and holding a SEND qualification would be advantageous.
Knowledge of the Pharmacy, Education and Training Sector is not required as full training will be provided as part of the induction process but applicants are advised that a positive, can-do attitude is an essential part of organisational culture at Buttercups Training.
Is this role right for you?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to all the below, this role is perfect for you!
- Are you passionate about providing additional learning support?
- Do you have experience of working with individuals with special educational needs?
- Do you have a strong understanding of specific learning difficulties and/or physical impairments?
- Do you have an understanding of E&D, safeguarding, the SEN code of practice, the disability discrimination act 1995 and the Children and Families Act 2014?
- Would you enjoy helping pharmacy professionals develop their staff?
- Would you like to work in a fast-growing, market-leading, innovative, training provider?
- Do you find it easy to communicate in verbal and written English, in a clear and friendly way?
- Do you believe attention to detail is important?
- Do you consider yourself passionate and driven, both about work, and about life outside of work?
- Do you love ‘going the extra mile’ to deliver outstanding customer service?
- Are you looking to work full-time (37 hours per week), Monday to Friday, no evenings and no weekends?
You can expect competitive remuneration depending on skills and experience.