Buttercups Training are recruiting! Apply to join our team, or share the role with your friends and family.
Work from beautiful Buttercups House for a market leading pharmacy services training provider as the Finance Team’s Team Leader.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing SME that’s achieving great things whilst supporting a healthy work-life balance.
We aim to make it easy for pharmacies across all healthcare sectors to access training to support the development of their employees. We do this by providing engaging e-learning packages via our b-Hive platform to ensure that their learning experience is efficient and fun, whilst providing the tools required for a long and successful career in pharmacy.
We are the number 1 provider in our sector, GPhC accredited for our pharmacy programmes, listed as a main provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers, Matrix accredited, and immensely proud of our recent Ofsted grading.
The purpose of the role is to assist in the performance and maintenance of the financial activities of the organisation with responsibility for the day to day activities of your team.
If you are passionate about financial reports, management accounts, forecasts, and budgeting and would like to work for a fast-growing accredited training provider, then read on…
What’s involved in this position?
As the Finance Team’s Team Leader, you will be expected to manage the day to day activities of the Finance Team. You will work with a variety of people, including colleagues, managers and external clients. As part of your day-to-day role, you will be expected to:
- Assist in the management of all accounting procedures and systems used by the organisation.
- Assist with the analysis of short and long term financial trends, and the use of this analysis to inform future forecasting.
- Analyse the performance of sales and expenditure versus budget, and the use your findings to both inform future budgeting, and suggest actions to maximise profitability.
- Prepare of cash flow forecasts, analysis of performance against these, and the utilise your analysis to both inform future forecasting, and suggest actions to maximise cash flow performance.
- Ensure compliance with all financial and legal requirements, responsibilities and obligations.
- Line manage the Finance Team.
It is a mandatory requirement that the successful candidate will hold AAT Full Membership (MAAT). Applications that fail to meet this requirement will not be considered for interview.
Applicants should have good overall IT skills and proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Sage 200 is desirable but not essential.
A high level of accuracy, keen attention to detail and the ability to spot errors will be key attributes in the successful applicant. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will also be essential to the role.
Applicants must be able to prioritise their workload and be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Knowledge of the Pharmacy, Education and Training Sector is not required as full training will be provided as part of the induction process but applicants are advised that a positive, can-do attitude is an essential part of organisational culture at Buttercups Training.
You can expect competitive remuneration depending on skills and experience.