We have an excellent opportunity for a Web/PHP developer to assist in the design, development, and maintenance of our Drupal-based Learning Management System.
You will be required to collaborate with the digital strategy, TLA (Teaching, Learning and Assessment) and graphic design teams to produce innovative learning technology applications.
Ideally a graduate looking for a new role, you will be motivated, driven and passionate individual. Have a keen attention to detail and be very process driven.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Building applications for teaching and learning.
- Reviewing industry trends and applying them to an education context.
- Maintaining course management and media systems.
- Implementing UX best practices and accessibility standards.
- Translating UI mock-ups and graphics into responsive web interfaces.
- Developing modules and configuring Drupal sites to produce tools which help meet teaching objectives and business requirements.
- Any other duties within the scope of the role.
Essential Experience Required
- Drupal 7 site-building and module development.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator (internal and external)
- Committed to open source development
- Ability to thrive in an innovative, constantly changing environment to meet the needs of the business.
- Fully conversant and embracing of the culture and ethics of the organisation.
- Drupal distribution management
- Server administration
- Educational technology/training systems
- xAPI/TinCan, Git version control
37 hours per week, salary competive.
Although we are based in Keyworth, Nottinghamshire the role will allow applicants living within the UK to work from home.
If you wish to be considered for this role please forward your CV, stating current salary, to Debbie Whitworth, HR Manager by 3 January 2017.