Children missing education
Children missing education are at significant risk of underachieving, being victims of harm, exploitation or radicalisation
and becoming NEET (not in education, employment or training) later in life. Therefore it is so
important Buttercups are made aware if a learner is not attending their work placement or not engaging in the training.
We can hopefully look to the reasons why, so the right help and support can be provided.
What we do
- We encourage a good relationship with the pharmacies who provide apprenticeships to those training with Buttercups, therefore concerns can be identified and shared with Buttercups
- All mentors are aware of their responsibility to inform Buttercups of any unauthorised absences, this is in-line with the Learner Absence Policy
- We encourage a good relationship with the parents and carers of our apprentices, encouraging them to voice any concerns that they may have if their child is missing their apprenticeship/training
- We review our learners' welfare regularly via telephone welfare reviews and/or learner welfare visits (for 16-19 year old learners)
- As a team, we will provide the right support in order for the learner to access their education with us again
- We involve other agencies if we have concerns
What I will do
- I will talk to someone if I start taking time off from work because of any personal issues
- I will recognise if and when I need some help
- I know that I can report my concerns to the Safeguarding and Welfare Team at Buttercups Training
- I will contact my workplace mentor and follow my Standard Operating Procedures regarding reporting absence from work
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact the Buttercups Safeguarding and Welfare Team.
OFFICE HOURS: 0115 937 4936
OUT OF HOURS: 07483 038898
OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES
Runaway Helpline is here if you are thinking about running away, if you have already run away, or if you have been away and come back.
You can also contact us if you are worried that someone else is going to run away or if they are being treated badly or abused.
Missing People is the only charity in the UK which is dedicated to bringing missing children and adults back together with their families.
Pharmacist Support is an independent charity set up to provide help and support to pharmacy students, pre-registration (pharmacist) trainees, pharmacists, retired pharmacists and their families in times of need.