It is the right of all people to be free from discrimination, to have a fair chance to succeed in society.
Discriminatory abuse can occur when someone targets another and proceeds to treat that person(s) unfairly due to something being different about that individual(s).
This is set out in law in the Equality Act 2010. Therefore, it is illegal and unfair for a person to experience disadvantage on the basis of a protected characteristic, which include:
age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, marriage (including same sex) and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race, religion, belief or non-belief and sexual orientation.
What we do
- Buttercups is committed to implementing policies that eliminate discrimination and promote diversity, for our workplace and also for our learners
- Our aim as a training provider is to teach learners from all sections of society, and to be fully representative of communities as a whole
- We will help to develop the self-confidence and self-esteem of all staff and learners, so that they can be their true self whilst at work
- We will promote an anti-bullying ethos amongst the staff and learner community, and reinforce the Buttercups Anti-Bullying Policy with new and existing staff
- We will ensure that the Pharmacy has an anti-bullying policy and procedure in line with our own
- We review our learners' welfare regularly via telephone reviews and/or learner welfare visits (for 16-19 year old learners)
What I will do
- I will be aware of my own behaviour and how that might affect others
- If I feel safe enough to do so, I will stand up to people that are bullying others and report them
- I will be respectful of others
- I will support others that have been affected by bullying
- I know that I can report my concerns to the Safeguarding and Welfare Team at Buttercups
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact the Buttercups Safeguarding and Welfare Team.
OFFICE HOURS: 0115 937 4936
OUT OF HOURS: 07483 038898
OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES
STOP HATE UK
A comprehensive resource covering all aspects of bullying - at work, school, online, in the family, homophobic bullying and sexual bullying.
Pharmacist Support is an independent charity set up to provide help and support to pharmacy students, pre-registration (pharmacist) trainees, pharmacists, retired pharmacists and their families in times of need.