Prevent is about safeguarding people and communities from the threat of terrorism. Prevent is one of the four elements of CONTEST, the government's counter-terrorism strategy. It aims to stop people being radicalised and becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
WHAT WE DO
- We train all our staff on the Prevent Duty so that they are aware of the signs of radicalisation and extremism, and what to do if they have concerns about anyone
- We promote the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, mutual tolerance and respect and individual liberty
- We take all instances of radicalisation extremely seriously and involve the police and other agencies where necessary
- We have a Safeguarding and Welfare Team who you can contact if you feel that someone is trying to coerce you with their radical ideals
- We take action if you have been a victim of radicalisation or fear someone may be radicalising someone else
- We review our learners' welfare regularly via telephone reviews and/or learner welfare visits (for 16-19 year old learners)
- We provide advice and information on the Stay Safe section of our website including details of national organisations that can help
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- I will talk to someone if I have concerns that I am being radicalised
- I will talk to someone if I think someone else is being radicalised
- I know that I can report my concerns to the Safeguarding and Welfare Team at Buttercups
- I will ensure that I have a good understanding of British Values and the threats that radicalisation and extremism can pose, asking Buttercups for further information if needed
- I will avoid putting myself in risky or dangerous situations, particularly with people I do not know
- I am aware that some people on the internet/social media are not who they say they are
- I will use the internet/social media safely and report any inappropriate content that links to radical ideals, extremism or terrorism at:
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact the Buttercups Safeguarding and Welfare Team.
OFFICE HOURS: 0115 937 4936
OUT OF HOURS: 07483 038898
Some things that happen in the world can make us scared. Or feel confused, unsafe or like we don't have control. However you feel, it can really help to share your feelings and get support.
TELEPHONE: 0800 1111
LET'S TALK ABOUT IT
Let's Talk About It is an initiative designed to provide practical help and guidance to the public in order to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
ANTI-TERRORIST HOTLINE: 0800 789 321
Pharmacist Support is an independent charity set up to provide help and support to pharmacy students, pre-registration (pharmacist) trainees, pharmacists, retired pharmacists and their families in times of need.
TELEPHONE: 0808 168 223