Sending sexually explicit digital images, videos, text messages, social media messages or emails, usually by mobile phone.
What we do
- We take action when someone is being abused
- We are approachable and provide support and reassurance for victims of relationship abuse
- We will help to develop the self-confidence and self-esteem of all staff and learners, so that you speak up against abuse
- We review our learners' welfare regularly via telephone reviews and/or learner welfare visits (for 16-19 year old learners)
- We take all instances of abuse extremely seriously and involve the police and other agencies where necessary
- We provide advice and information on the Stay Safe section of our website including details of national organisations that can help
What you will do
- I will talk to somebody if I feel that I am in an abusive relationship and are being made to send explicit messages over my mobile phone or online
- I will support others that have been affected by this kind of abuse
- I understand that sending sexual images of someone under 18, including myself, is illegal
- I understand that when I send someone a photo I have no control over where that image may end up in the future
- I am aware that some people on the internet/social media are not who they say they are
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact the Buttercups Safeguarding and Welfare Team.
OFFICE HOURS: 0115 937 4936
OUT OF HOURS: 07483 038898
OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES
A huge resource for the under 25s, covering everything from bereavement, exam stress, emotional abuse, mental health to homelessness. A confidential service with a 24 hour helpline.
Pharmacist Support is an independent charity set up to provide help and support to pharmacy students, pre-registration (pharmacist) trainees, pharmacists, retired pharmacists and their families in times of need.