Association of Pharmacy Technicians UK (APTUK)
Have you heard about the Association of Pharmacy Technicians UK (APTUK), the professional leadership body for pharmacy technicians? APTUK works to ensure that pharmacy technicians are strongly represented at a strategic, regulatory and policy level. APTUK acts as the voice for pharmacy technicians and membership can provide great benefits.
Pharmacy technicians can join APTUK to enjoy all the benefits of membership to the professional leadership body for pharmacy technicians. Here are the benefits for joining taken from APTUK’s website:
- use of the post-nominal 'MAPharmT' (once registered and upon full membership)
- access to the quarterly professional journal, “The Pharmacy Technician Journal”, to keep you up to date with national and strategic issues impacting on the profession, articles to support your revalidation and the opportunity to submit your own article
- free revalidation support
- access to advice on educational issues via the Professional Development Team
- exclusive access to the supporting resources for the APTUK Foundation Pharmacy Framework within the ‘members only’ area of the website
- access to a Foundation Pharmacy Framework Champion
- the opportunity to join a local APTUK branch and meet other pharmacy technicians, promote professionalism and undertake revalidation learning in your area
- exclusive access to the conference content/ presentations after the event within the ‘members only’ area of the website
- opportunities to share your views on topical issues via the journal, online surveys and your local branch and bring to the attention of National Officers areas that APTUK should act upon
- opportunities to contribute to the work of the APTUK committee and groups
- discounted rates to attend the APTUK annual professional conference and other pharmacy conferences and events
- exclusive members discount on subscription of the Pharmaceutical Journal
- you can claim tax back on membership fee's - click here to learn how.
In addition, APTUK offers pre-registration pharmacy technicians free membership during their training period. That means that any Buttercups Training pre-registration pharmacy technician can enjoy the benefits of membership for free!
To join please click here.
We are also excited about plans to create an East Midlands branch of APTUK. If you are based in the East Midlands, and are interested in joining, please email email@example.com.